Thursday, February 13, 2014

On Blogs

Apparently, my blogging has indirectly caused other people to start blogging. Here is my friend's blog; this is a blog criticizing that blog. This is a blog criticizing the blog criticizing that blog. Here is another blog. Here is another.

I, for one, embrace it. I raise my head proudly, awash in the austere-yet-somehow-beautiful blogsplosion. Let the blogs come.

I am ready.
Me.*

In the cycle of meta-blogs that have cropped up, I am both the beginning and the end. Alpha and Omega. That's right. I see the realization dawning on you. In this small but somehow still relevant blogosphere, I have become Blog God.

The position comes with surprisingly few benefits.

Unrequited, unquestioning obedience/servitude is optional. For sacrifice, I accept cash money, debit, credit, or uncut diamond. No killing fatted blogcalves, though. That's not cool.

Seriously, if I even see one of these things show up in blogheaven, I will not be happy.
-Me

*I think I maybe went a little overboard with this joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment