Monday, September 15, 2014

Just Go Ahead And Don't Read This One

Idea: It's like gum, but bitter. Bitter gum, to remind us of the plight of the proletariat.
Name ideas:
"Juicy Fruits of our labor"
"Stride forward and embrace the revolution"
"Big Red, like our ideal state" (Credit goes to my friend Steven for that one. In related news, it's also the best one.)

Chinese teenagers curse. A lot. I mean they curse so much it's like a verbal tic. Seriously, I still don't think you grasp what it's like. I'm talking almost every other word being "fuck". It's grating and awful to listen to. My roommate couldn't stand it and so terminated a friendship because of it today, which I thought was slightly drastic, but understandable. Here is a sample conversation (translated from Mandarin to English):

A: "Fuck"
B: "Fuck you"
A: "Fucking shitty"
B: "Motherfucker fuck"
A: "Fuck"
B: "Fuck"
A: "Shitty"

So yeah, not exactly gripping dialogue here.

I have no idea why this is the case. I wish it weren't. The cursing is almost surreal, like I've become trapped in an SNL parody skit of teenagers. Except it's not funny.

-Me

No comments:

Post a Comment